Read time is about 2 mins
Don’t lose sleep over a snoring partner
It is not uncommon to have complaints about a partner who snores. In fact, an astounding 20 to 30 percent of women and 40 to 50 percent of men snore regularly. However, as frustrating as it may be, it is important to understand that your partner’s snoring maybe a symptom of a more severe problem.
Rather than feeling burdened by your noisy partner, you may be able to help ‘put the issue to bed’ and ensure that your partner does not endure a more serious illness down the line. If you live with a partner who snores, rest assured there is help.
Tactics for approaching a partner who snores:
- Pick the right time – wait until you are both awake and open to a discussion that may be difficult
- Be sensitive – understand that this issue may cause some embarrassment to your partner and approach the topic with the sensitivity it deserves
- Be supportive – let your partner know that you are there to help support them in finding a solution to the problem
- Do your research – understand and clearly explain the risks associated with sleep deprivation and be prepared to suggest solutions
Be your household’s super hero
Convincing your partner to seek help from a certified sleep professional will result in multiple benefits for your household:
- Quieter, sounder sleep for you and your partner
- A less irritable partner; therefore happier home
- Increased awareness/alertness
- Enhanced quality of life
Don’t let sleep deprivation control your house any longer. Speak to your partner, seek the necessary assistance and you will soon find yourself waking up to a restful, happier life.
Need help? Contact us today